Mandy Moore Facts:
Beautiful, multi-talented entertainer, Mandy Moore began her career at the very tender age of 14. She didn?ft let the entertainment industry dazzle her despite the constant pressure of media and critics. Moore didn?'t adapt to the trend to baring her belly button just because her peers at that time were adopting that trend.
- Born as Amanda Leigh Moore on April 10,1984. Is well known as Mandy Moore.
- Birthplace was Nashua, New Hampshire, USA.
- Was raised in Orlando, Florida.
- Is a professional singer, songwriter, actress and fashion designer.
- Attended Bishop Moore Catholic High school in Orlando, Florida.
- Like her mother Stacy she wanted to be a news reporter.
- Has two brothers named Scott and Kyle.
- Her father, Don is pilot.
- Her family moved to Orlando, Florida when she was six weeks old.
- When she was a kid she performed the National Anthem at several events and decided she wanted pursue singing.
- At 14, she started recording her first song in Orlando, Florida.
- Her first album ?"So Real?" was released when she turned 15.
- Mandy?'s first tour was with the Backstreet Boys.
- Her album wasn?'t as success that times current songbirds Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera.
- Had several successful hits such as: Candy, I wanna be with you, and Walk me Home.
- In 2003, Mandy Moore, released another called Coverage. This album consisted old songs, Mandy used to listen as child.
Television, Movies and More:
- Mandy Moore made her acting debut in Princess Diaries starring Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews.
- Her second movie was A walk to Remember starring Shane West. She played a mild mannered, cancer stricken girl. This role was completely opposite from her role in Princess Diaries. Critics appreciated her performance in this movie.
- She did more noticeable films such as Chasing Liberty, Saved! and License to Wed.
- She guest starred in several T.V. shows, such as Scrubs, Entourage, American Dreams and The Simpsons.
-Moore hosted the MTV daytime show.
Career aside/Personal Info:
- Mandy Moore dated actor, Wilmer Valderrrama, from 2000 to 2002,
- she also dated tennis star, Andy Roddick, from 2002 to 2004.
- In Nov 2004, she started dating her Scrubs co-star, Zack Braff. They called it quits in 2006.
- Mandy hasn?'t conformed or denied dating several other stars such as Adam Goldstein a.k.a. DJ AM, Greg Laswell and Billy Crawford.
- In Feb 11,2009 Mandy Moore announced her engagement to singer-songwriter Ryan Adams. The couple married shortly after that. On March 10th in Savannah, Georgia.
- Mandy?'s shoe size is 10.
- She?fs 5?' 10"
- It was rumored that she suffered from depression after her break-up with ex-boyfriend, Zack Braff.
- Her favorite actress is Bette Midler.
- Elton John, Switchfoot are her favorite singers.
- Mandy is Neutrogena?'s spokesperson.
- Had her tonsils removed in 2001.
- Cut her hair really short for her role in the movie ?"How to Deal.?"