Are you constantly worrying about the smell of your feet? Well you are not alone, millions of people all over the world suffer from stinky smelly feet, and are completely clueless about what to do about it. Well, today, you will learn the cause of smelly feet along with several remedies of how to get rid of smelly feet. Outlined below are several preventative measures to stop foot odor before it starts, as well as, some natural remedies to cure your already smelly feet.
Before you can find a cure for stinky smelly feet you should understand what causes this problem in the first place. When feet sweat, foot odor is most likely to occur. Did you know that the average foot has over 250,000 sweat glands? When you cover up all of these glands with a sock and then encase them in a shoe, this will often cause your foot temperature to rise and your feet will most certainly begin to sweat. This sweat, combined with the natural bacterium that lives on everyone?'s skin, can produce an extremely unpleasant odor that is hard to get rid of. However, there are several things you can do to prevent stinky smelly feet, as well as, several great natural remedies to cure smelly feet.
How to prevent smelly feet:
It is extremely important to practice good foot hygiene in an effort to prevent stinky smelly feet. Here is a list of a few things you can try in your prevention effort:
It is always better to prevent foot odor before it starts, however, if you have unusually stinky smelly feet here a few effective home remedies that you can try as a cure for stinky feet.
Natural Foot Odor Cures:
1. Use Tea as a Smelly Feet Remedy: Brew a couple bags of tea, preferably black tea, in about a quart of warm water. Once brewed, soak your feet in the tea for around 10-15 minutes every day or night for an entire week. Tea is a great cure for stinky feet, the tannic acid in the tea will prevent your feet from sweating in the first place; and if your feet aren?'t sweating, foot odor is less likely to occur. After you get your stinky feet problem under control, continue to soak your feet in tea once a week to keep the foot odor from coming back.
2. Vodka as a Foot Odor Cure: This remedy for stinky feet was proven to be effective on an episode of Mythbusters. All you have to do is give your feet a vodka foot bath which will kill the odor causing bacteria living on your feet.
3. Use Listerine to Cure Smelly Feet: Soak a cotton ball in Listerine and rub it all over your feet, as well as, on the inside of your shoes. The alcohol and herbal extracts in Listerine is very effective in battling the fungus and bacteria that causes smelly feet.
4. Vinegar as a Cure for Stinky Feet: Soak your feet in vinegar 2 to 3 times a week to kill the bacterium that causes your stinky smelly feet.
5. Neosporin as a Foot Odor Cure: This is an incredible cure for stinky feet that has been known to completely eradicate the problem after 1 use. All you have to do is rub Neosporin antibiotic cream all over your feet before you go to bed, cover them with socks and go to sleep. There is a very high probability that when you wake up in the morning your foot odor problem will be gone for good, or at least for an extended period of time.
Stinky smelly feet can be a very bothersome ailment, but using the preventative methods outlined above, along with, these natural home remedies, you will be well on your way curing your stinky feet problem and at the very least keeping your stinky smelly feet at bay.
Nature has provided an abundance of remedies and cures for many different medical conditions and ailments. Before pharmaceuticals, herbal medicine was the standard form of healing, not the alternative form we know today.
When modern medicine first began the use of prescription drugs, most of the medicines created were based on therapies from the plant kingdom.
Once you discover how wonderful herbal remedies can be, you may go overboard stocking your medicine cabinet with herbs you will probably never need. In your efforts you may overlook the basics of what you should have.