After you have an interview with a potential employer, it is a good idea to send a brief thank you note to the interviewer.
1. You express interest in the position - By sending a thank you to the interviewer, you express your continued interest in the company. Make sure to express your enthusiasm for the position in the letter.
2. You indicate that you are willing to go the extra mile - With the job market the way it is today, employers are getting hundreds of applicants for a single position. Many of those applicants are not qualified for the position. Those that are interviewed are generally all qualified for the position. By following up after the interview, you demonstrate that you are willing to work for this position.
3. You make yourself stand out from the crowd - With the influx of applicants for every available position, you want to make yourself memorable, but in a good way. You don't want to be noticed for dressing strangely or for having poor manners. By sending a follow up thank you letter, you are reminding the interviewer about you. When an interviewer remembers you for something positive, you are more likely to get the position you applied for. Specifically refer to a point or highlight of the interview. You want to be personal so the interviewer knows you didn't just send a form letter. Be personal yet professional.
4. You should send your thank you note within 24 hours of the interview. While you may send the note postal mail, e-mail is completely acceptable.
5. Ask any additional questions. Many times you come up with questions you have after the interview. This is an opportunity to ask those questions.
6. Reemphasize your qualifications. Remind the interviewer why you are the best candidate for the job. Mention any achievements, skills, or experience that directly relates to the position.
7. Proofread. Proofread. Proofread. Make sure that there is not even a single error in the letter. Having even one small error will leave a negative impression instead of a positive one.
Creative thank you quotes come in handy when you can't quite find the right words to say.
The right thank you quotes will brighten anybody's day.