When you look at him, he smiles and then looks away. Perhaps these shy mannerisms are simply part of his charm, but the question is, is he drawn to you and just too shy to move forward? Or worse, is he just not into you?
The first step in looking for signs he's into you is to be honest with yourself. Don't let your infatuation blind you to the fact that he may just be flat out uninterested. Has he given you any reason to believe he is interested? Has he given you a hint or gesture, or has he called or texted you without you requesting it first? If not, he probably isn't interested. Here are a few tell-tale signs that it isn't shyness:
1. He has friends that are girls. If he's hanging out with other girls, and he seems to be comfortably communicating with them, he shouldn't have much trouble engaging in conversation with you. Yes, if he's crushing, you may make him nervous, but, provided he has experience interacting with other girls, he'll at least be able to stumble through a conversation, especially if you start it.
2. You initiate and he doesn't follow through. If you're really into a guy and you think he may be shy, try initiating a conversation, phone call or texting session. If you start the conversation, he'll want to continue it. However, if he doesn't return your calls or texts or tries to end the conversation quickly, he may not be into you.
3. His jokes border on the cruel side. Yes, sometimes shy guys use teasing as a way of flirting, but, if he crosses the line and is flat-out cruel, he likely isn't interested.
4. His actions don't match his words. If he says he'll call you and then you don't hear from him or if you suggest meeting up and he is "too busy," he probably isn't interested.
However, if you're hanging on some signs that he may be interested and want to investigate further, the following are signs that he is indeed taking a liking to you:
1. You catch him staring at you. Even if he looks away, if he's staring at you, randomly bumping into you during the day or even touching you, then he may be interested.
2. He's finding excuses to spend time with you. Perhaps he'll suggest working on a project together or mention the fact that he has a game coming up. Even shy guys will do everything they can to spend time with their crush.
3. Body language. If a guy is interested, you will find that he will lean in or face toward you. Generally this is unconscious, so even a shy guy can be caught in the act of positive body language. Also, watch his eyes. A shy guy may not maintain eye contact, but, if he looks away, the rest of his face-perhaps a grin or some blushing-will give his interest away.
4. He's listening to you. A guy who is truly lending an ear and responding is showing signs of interest. He wants to hear what you have to say and learn more about you.
5. He likes what you like. Is he laughing at your dumb jokes? Is he suddenly interested in watching a chick flick? If a guy is showing interest in the things you enjoy, he's trying to get closer to you. Take his interest in your activities as a good sign.
People often ask if there is romantic compatibility with a prospective partner. What makes two people compatible and do those standards apply to their current relationships?
Women sometimes get disappointed by men because they've misinterpreted signs the guy is not interested for signs that he's just a shy boy.Recognizing those differences might keep you from holding your breath while waiting for the phone call that never comes.